Articles relating to: purring
Purring – Sport of The People explores the lost histories of clog fighting. The artist Anna FC Smith writes for Northern Soul about the genesis of the show (currently at The Whitaker in Rossendale) and what visitors can expect.Read the full story..
Believe it or not but naked clog fighting was a mysterious and illegal sport that existed in Northern mining communities for hundreds of years. Now Gallery Oldham is staging an exhibition examining the myths of the brutal underground ‘purring, clogging or Fighting Wigan Fashion’.Read the full story..
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- Beware the light: Northern Soul braves HOME’s FilmFear season to watch a preview of The Lighthouse
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"Maya Angelou said, ‘do your best until you know better and then do that’ and I think that’s all we can do." @EmmaYatesBadley talks to Jade Rice of Dirty Word, a Wirral-based ethical clothing company, about fast fashion and feminism northernsoul.me.uk/i-would-st… @BlackburneHouse pic.twitter.com/pGfYtiqD0e
"wry, smart and eminently readable" Northern Soul's @MrGeetsRomo reviews Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction by Paul Hanley, The Fall's much-revered 1982 album northernsoul.me.uk/book-revie… pic.twitter.com/Nw8HOuCBI0
Love this. twitter.com/mendyourhead/s…