Articles relating to: Reviews
It’s been a busy – and chilly – December at Northern Soul Towers. In the name of Christmas, our writers have travelled across the North of England to review the best of yuletide theatre.Read the full story..
Summer is usually a quiet time here at the OperaWatch offices.Read the full story..
As an undergraduate at Manchester Metropolitan University (many moons ago) I opted for the intriguingly titled Modern Gothic module. It was here that I stumbled across 1997 Booker Prize-winning The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, the story of twins Rahel and Estha growing up in the politically turbulent state of Kerala in the 1960s.Read the full story..
Turandot by Puccini has long been my favourite opera. There is something about the scale of its ambition, the dark tragedy at the heart of what is essentially a love story, and the sheer power of the music that rips my heart out every time I hear it.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!