Articles relating to: Shaun Lyon
Incredibly (how?) it is 50 years since the release of Kes, Ken Loach’s classic film about a rough and tumble working class kid, neglected at home and school, who finds, only fleetingly alas, beauty and purpose through the experience of training a hawk.Read the full story..
I think it was some time in the 1990s, perhaps around the zenith of New Labour or when a fresh-faced Jamie Oliver first appeared, when a notion took root that British people would all be healthier, happier and generally more relaxed if they simply adopted a Mediterranean-style food culture, sat around chatting noisily to friends while sipping espressos and eating spaghetti al pomodoro and bruschetta drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Taken al fresco, naturally.Read the full story..
- Pantry Pairings: Chef Tony selects the best wines for your store cupboard meals
- “Small steps can ultimately lead to big impacts.” Cumbria-based ethical skincare company Pure Lakes talks to Northern Soul
- “I wanted to reach as many young people as I could.” Deborah Dixon talks about preventing young sudden cardiac deaths with CRY
- From shy teacher to international battle rapper, 63-year-old Joy France talks to Northern Soul
- Online exhibition: Talking Sense, The Portico Library, Manchester
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Where are you working? Given the number of temporary home workspaces/desks in houses, we'd like to know what your home office looks like. Just use the hashtag #WhereAreYouWorking when posting a picture and tag in Northern Soul. Here is Rachael in Bury (and Mitsy). pic.twitter.com/53STNMb4K1
Tonight we are mostly thinking about vimto ice cream from our local ice cream parlour. pic.twitter.com/8kK5n102El
Pantry Pairings: Chef Tony selects the best wines for your store cupboard meals With nights in our fave restaurants off the menu, Northern Soul's Chef Tony has the perfect wines for self-isolating dishes whether that's beans on toast or a pot noodle northernsoul.me.uk/pantry-pai… pic.twitter.com/qoLxlto827