Articles relating to: Spicy Jackfruit and Pineapple Skewers
As the weather begins to seriously warm up, there’s no better time to fire up the barbecue and enjoy dinner al fresco. Wing Yip, the UK’s largest Oriental Grocer, has created a selection of flavoursome recipes to spice up your summer barbecues.
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Wing Yip’s Spicy Jackfruit and Pineapple Skewers. This is the perfect recipe for those who enjoy experimenting with new ingredients. Jackfruit is both versatile and delicious and is a great alternative to meat. Pop these skewers on the barbecue for the ultimate summertime meal.
Spicy Jackfruit and Pineapple Skewers
Makes 6, Serves 2
1 tin young jackfruit, 300g drained weight
300g pineapple, cut into 2cm cubes (18 pieces in total)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Marinade / Coating Sauce:
2 tbsp Wing Yip Light Soy Sauce
1-2 tbsp Mai Siam Sriracha Sauce, depending on how spicy you want them
½ tsp Wing Yip Sesame Oil
1 tsp white sesame seeds
6 small skewers
- Soak the skewers in cold water for at least 1 hour before assembling.
- Drain the jackfruit and cut any large chunks in half so that you have 12 pieces.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and then add the jackfruit and pineapple. Mix well to ensure all of the pieces are evenly coated.
- Starting with the pineapple, thread the pineapple and jackfruit onto the skewers so that you have 3 pieces of pineapple and 2 pieces of jackfruit per skewer.
- Heat a frying or griddle pan over a medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, lay the skewers carefully in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side until they have started to caramelise and are hot.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and then serve immediately.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Calling all film buffs...🎥🎞️🎬 Preston Park Museum is showcasing costumes from some of the most iconic film and television productions in its Behind the Seams exhibition. @pparkmuseum Click here for the full gallery of images: northernsoul.me.uk/exhibition… pic.twitter.com/nkG7dFIKDk
Thought for the Day: "What if the hokey cokey really is what it's all about?"
"Wear your stretchy pants." twitter.com/Northern_Soul_…
You can hear our Editor chatting on XS Manchester on Sunday evening... twitter.com/nugehelen/stat…