Articles relating to: Steve Slack
Historic England’s new book of ‘irreplaceable’ places in England locates a decent proportion of them in the North.Read the full story..
In the North of England, the chances are you’re closer to a mosque than you think.Read the full story..
It’s unusual to go more than a few days without hearing about the war in Syria, either in the news or as part of an appeal for humanitarian assistance.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Steve Slack headed to the British Ceramics Biennial (BCB) as it returned to Stoke-on-Trent, the home of British ceramics, for its fifth edition.Read the full story..
When you check into a hotel in Manchester and they tell you their bar is themed around local history, you can imagine the usual suspects: cotton, trains, bees, football, the Haçienda.Read the full story..
I’m looking at a piece of contemporary sculpture.Read the full story..
Standing in the central hall of Manchester Art Gallery looking up at the decoration on the walls, a row of sculptures of men riding on horses caught my eye.Read the full story..
Tate Liverpool celebrates its 30th birthday next year.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!