Articles relating to: The Great Gatsby
Northern Soul‘s Rich Jevons talks to Northern Ballet’s artistic director David Nixon about his early days as a dancer in Canada, his adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula and F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, as well as the more family-orientated productions of Cinderella and Peter Pan.Read the full story..
The Cornerhouse is a most appropriate setting for the opening of The Great Gatsby. The building, resembling a petite version of the Flatiron in New York, somehow feels like part of a forgotten era, reminiscent of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s comment on high society, with its tumultuous decadence and doomed love affairs.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!