Articles relating to: The Oresteia
Staging any of the theatre’s most enduring classics is an exercise fraught with danger, and few works are quite like The Oresteia. But in this violent and visionary re-telling of Aeschylus’s great masterpiece, HOME in Manchester has certainly lived up to the challenge.Read the full story..
With the benefit of hindsight, it looks as if theatre director Blanche McIntyre, the golden girl of the theatre world who is about to bring The Oresteia to Manchester’s HOME, might have been destined for her current job.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!