Articles relating to: The Pankhurst Trust
Manchester was the birthplace of the women’s suffrage movement so it was fitting that, on International Women’s Day, in the centenary of the first women to be given the vote (but only those over 30, mind, and if they owned property), the Pankhurst Trust held a special showing of the 2015 film Suffragette.Read the full story..
Standing at 62 Nelson Street, nestled in the grounds of Manchester Royal Infirmary, The Pankhurst Centre serves as a permanent reminder of the Suffragette movement.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!