Articles relating to: The Portico Library
Review: Outsiders – Five Women Who Changed the World by Lyndall Gordon, Manchester Literature Festival
I’m tired of being told what a woman should and shouldn’t say.Read the full story..
Bittersweet, the latest exhibition from The Portico Library, looks at the abolitionists and pro-slavery advocates in Manchester and the discussions that were taking place at the time.Read the full story..
I can’t knit for toffee.Read the full story..
This year marks the 350th anniversary of John Milton’s epic poem Paradise Lost, the story of the fall of Satan and the destruction of Paradise. With this in mind, Manchester’s Portico Library is staging an inspiring and enlightening exhibition.Read the full story..
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"The local authority wants to cover it up and fill it in with concrete." Northern Soul's Helen Carter asks, could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem and the last surviving seaside lido in the North of England – the Grange-over-Sands lido? northernsoul.me.uk/could-a-cr… pic.twitter.com/euLgiLX8ZA