Articles relating to: The River Restaurant
The last time I visited The Lowry’s River Restaurant, it was Christmas, it was snowing and I walked back to Piccadilly train station enveloped in a festive wine jacket.Read the full story..
The Lowry Hotel is posh. As in porter-opening-your-taxi-door kind of posh. It’s probably the poshest posh in Manchester City Centre. And the food is posh too.Read the full story..
- “I just think the two things go together really well.” Jason Wood from Manchester’s HOME talks about Pop Stars on Film
- “You can kid yourself that you can speak Icelandic or Japanese.” Adam Thirlwell on Studio Créole and the creolisation of languages
- Photo Gallery: Visible Girls – Revisited, a photographic exhibition by Anita Corbin, The Civic, Barnsley
- Food Review: Rosa’s Thai, Albert Dock, Liverpool
- Review: Invisible Cities, Manchester International Festival
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
“I just think the two things go together really well.” Jason Wood from Manchester’s HOME talks about Pop Stars on Film @HOME_mcr @jwoodfilm @MrGeetsRomo #cinema #film northernsoul.me.uk/i-just-thi… pic.twitter.com/C32G3wOrWh
@PurpleGooner Phenomenal Woman is our favourite but love the fact the congresswomen in the US are quoting this one in response to Trump.
People shouting 'send her back' at Trump rallies, the future PM waving a kipper around, warnings of a UK recession thanks to Brexit. We've never felt so simultaneously depressed and baffled by the state of the world. Think we'll look at photos of kittens for the rest of the day.
Thought for the Day: "You may write me down in history With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I'll rise." - Maya Angelou