Articles relating to: Wartime Britain
As I sit and wait for the call to connect with Amanda Mason, the historian behind Fashion on the Ration: 1940s Street Style, a new exhibition at The Imperial War Museum North, I wonder what it is about clothing from bygone eras that has piqued our interest.Read the full story..
Like many kids in the early 80s I was given Delrosa Rosehip Syrup whenever a cold threatened me.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!