Articles relating to: Wartime Britain
As I sit and wait for the call to connect with Amanda Mason, the historian behind Fashion on the Ration: 1940s Street Style, a new exhibition at The Imperial War Museum North, I wonder what it is about clothing from bygone eras that has piqued our interest.Read the full story..
Like many kids in the early 80s I was given Delrosa Rosehip Syrup whenever a cold threatened me.Read the full story..
- Pantry Pairings: Chef Tony selects the best wines for your store cupboard meals
- “Small steps can ultimately lead to big impacts.” Cumbria-based ethical skincare company Pure Lakes talks to Northern Soul
- “I wanted to reach as many young people as I could.” Deborah Dixon talks about preventing young sudden cardiac deaths with CRY
- From shy teacher to international battle rapper, 63-year-old Joy France talks to Northern Soul
- Online exhibition: Talking Sense, The Portico Library, Manchester
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Anyone else spending their days preparing food, eating food, tidying away food, thinking about the next meal and starting all over again? Us too. Which made us think of our favourite street in Manchester. pic.twitter.com/xJZ3EbaHDD
“Small steps can ultimately lead to big impacts.” @EmmaYatesBadley talks to Cumbria-based skincare company Pure Lakes about its ethical commitment and what it's doing for sustainability northernsoul.me.uk/small-step… pic.twitter.com/PKJF9Vn4Dx
What's that you say? A new podcast about wine, which wines folk actually like and the good times they have sharing them? Yes, yes and thrice yes. Find out more here ⬇️ northernsoul.me.uk/open-up-po… pic.twitter.com/JfHzinWN5e
“I wanted to reach as many young people as I could.” Deborah Dixon talks about preventing young sudden cardiac deaths with CRY and why this is so important to her northernsoul.me.uk/i-wanted-t… pic.twitter.com/PliLcY70QX