Articles relating to: Wartime Britain
As I sit and wait for the call to connect with Amanda Mason, the historian behind Fashion on the Ration: 1940s Street Style, a new exhibition at The Imperial War Museum North, I wonder what it is about clothing from bygone eras that has piqued our interest.Read the full story..
Like many kids in the early 80s I was given Delrosa Rosehip Syrup whenever a cold threatened me.Read the full story..
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"The local authority wants to cover it up and fill it in with concrete." Northern Soul's Helen Carter asks, could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem and the last surviving seaside lido in the North of England – the Grange-over-Sands lido? northernsoul.me.uk/could-a-cr… pic.twitter.com/euLgiLX8ZA