Articles relating to: wine
So 2017 has departed and most people are trying to stick to whatever New Year’s resolution they’ve set themselves.Read the full story..
In this edition of Chef Tony’s Wine Club, our resident chef, gastronome and purveyor of fine wines casts his expert eye over two bottles to quench your Summer thirst.Read the full story..
Janet Harrison, organiser of the annual Fizz Festival and founder of Cracking Wines, recounts her experience inside the wine tasting room at The Co-op head office in Manchester and shares her pick of the tipples on offer.Read the full story..
In April’s edition of Chef Tony’s Wine Club, our resident chef, gastronome and purveyor of fine wines casts his expert eye over two bottles from a wine club.Read the full story..
A new Northern wine events company aims to challenge the stuffy image of wine and take a modern approach to tasting events and wine fairs. Janet Harrison, owner of Cracking Wine, writes for Northern Soul about the company’s origins and where the business is heading.Read the full story..
WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS TO WAR OF THE ROSÉS: A SUPERMARKET WINE TASTING AT THE NORTHERN LAWN TENNIS CLUB, WEST DIDSBURYRead the full story..
WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS TO THE THREE WINE MEN TASTING EVENT IN MANCHESTERRead the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!