Articles relating to: York Theatre Royal
This year’s York Theatre Royal pantomime concerns the Motley family’s attempts to protect their mother Molly from the dastardly Les Miserable who means to knock her off as the last source of hilarity in a joyless kingdom, with only the help of the brave fairies of the Land of Lovely Thoughts to blah blah blah.Read the full story..
What have Gypsy Rose Lee, the legendary queen of burlesque, the poet W.H. Auden and the composer Benjamin Britten got in common?Read the full story..
In the early 1960s, two national treasures were the creative forces behind one of British cinema’s most successful franchises: the Miss Marple movies.Read the full story..
The festive season is upon us which can only mean one thing. No, I’m not talking about mulled wine and hog roasts at the Christmas Market. I’m referring to the slew of shows due to hit our theatres in the run up to the big day.Read the full story..
Over several decades, the annual pantomime production at York Theatre Royal has built up a formidable reputation for delivering the best in expertly-staged traditional family fun.Read the full story..
Like many people, I spent my teenage years crushing on various people off the telly.Read the full story..
Some films capture the public’s imagination to such an extent that they are watched again and again.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!