After the roaring success of Kingsman: The Secret Service back in 2015, director Matthew Vaughn set himself quite the challenge in creating a sequel.Read the full story..
On Thursday night, the spectacle of Luche Libre arrives at Manchester’s Albert Hall, which transforms itself into our own version of the Arena México, which coincides with Mexico’s grand celebration of 100 years since the birth of one of their most famous wrestlers, the legendary El Santo (The Saint).Read the full story..
Karen Connolly shares a brew with Dave Haslam in his favourite ‘secret’ cafe, Fig + Sparrow on Manchester’s Oldham Street.Read the full story..
There was one aspect of moving to Manchester that came as a complete surprise to me: the difficulty in spending any significant length of time without hearing the dulcet tones of Ray Winstone.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!