It’s a strange sight to see rows of people in their own homes clapping and laughing silently as you perform on Zoom or Facebook. ‘Mute Seals’ is one of the less attractive descriptions of the phenomena I recently heard.
Northern Soul Writes
- Review: LEGOLAND, Trafford Centre, Manchester
- “It’s about getting our audience back.” Paul Robinson, Artistic Director of the Stephen Joseph Theatre, Scarborough
- Good News in Focus: Back on Track Manchester
- What would Darwin think of Zoom? Henry Normal writes for Northern Soul
- The Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction 2021
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Thought for the Day: “There are times when it will go so wrong that you will barely be alive, and times when you realise that being barely alive, on your own terms, is better than living a bloated half-life on someone else's terms.” - Jeanette Winterson
Poem for the Weekend: Walking Away by Cecil Day-Lewis bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide…
Thought for the Day: “Libraries are reservoirs of strength, grace and wit, reminders of order, calm and continuity, lakes of mental energy, neither warm nor cold, light nor dark...In any library in the world, I am at home, unselfconscious, still and absorbed." - Germaine Greer