This is a tale of stupidity beyond belief. It’s 25 years to the week since Grange Lido in the Cumbrian coastal town of Grange-over-Sands was shut.
Will Dean’s Dark Pines is one of this year’s hottest crime debuts, and with a back story that’s nearly as intriguing as the book itself.
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Here at Northern Soul Towers we have proper fallen in love with Staithes - and are doubly pleased that Bernard Cribbins endorses this beautiful Yorkshire fishing village... #Staithes #Yorkshire pic.twitter.com/taf5JNfxxb
Thought for the Day: "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." - Jack Canfield