“There’s nothing as exciting as sitting in the audience, waiting for the curtain to open.” Northern Soul talks to Mark Williams
You probably know Mark Williams best as Arthur Weasley in the blockbuster Harry Potter film series, or possibly from TV’s The Fast Show.
Gaia Holmes is an expert in her field, and this is obvious in her skilled, careful and beautifully strange poetry collection.
If Vic and Bob wrote a panto and had it produced by the League of Gentleman and performed by the cast of Big Train, it would probably look a bit like Spymonkey’s Christmas Carol.
It’s the coy half-smile. The knitted jumper.
Self-doubt can be one of the biggest battles for writers.
- “There’s nothing as exciting as sitting in the audience, waiting for the curtain to open.” Northern Soul talks to Mark Williams
- Poetry Review: Where the Road Runs Out by Gaia Holmes
- Theatre Review: A Christmas Carol, Playhouse, Liverpool
- Bedrooms, Bus Stops and Boredom: Remembering Pete Shelley
- “At my best, I lose myself in my writing.” Melvyn Bragg talks to Northern Soul
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"a rare and singular talent who belongs in the upper echelons of contemporary Artists to Keep Tabs On" Northern Soul's @MrGeetsRomo reviews Julia Holter, Gorilla, Manchester northernsoul.me.uk/review-jul… pic.twitter.com/ExUkgOGZAQ