“We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
I am a DIY avoider. The mere mention of an IKEA flat pack kit and I break into a cold sweat.
In a series of articles, Northern Soul’s Phil Pearson talks to all manner of fascinating folk about the room they use to write in, paint in, and do all things creative. This week it’s artist, illustrator and designer, Stanley Chow.
Dapper. Not a word I often use but, English being an exact language, it’s the only word to describe the proprietor of Tea from The Manor.
The Whitworth has got it all going on.
My big brother has never shied away from trouble, whether that’s chucking the ball at his little sister during teenage cricket matches in the garden or being in a stubble field when it was set alight, all the while prancing around dressed as a Cavalier during a civil war re-enactment battle (he wants me to point out that he was part of the crowd who tried to extinguish the fire, but still).
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!