Photo Gallery: the North East, Tyne & Wear Archives
Located in the Discovery Museum in the heart of Newcastle, Tyne & Wear Archives is home to thousands of documents, housed on 14km of shelving, relating to the five local districts of Newcastle, Sunderland, Gateshead, North Tyneside and South Tyneside.
The documents range from the 12th to the 21st century and include building plans, school, hospital and church records as well as business records, especially those of important local industries such as shipbuilding, engineering and mining. Meanwhile, the Tyne & Wear Shipyards Collection is of international significance as it is included on the UNESCO Memory of the World Register, rubbing shoulders with documents such as the Magna Carta and the Domesday Book.
- Good News in Focus: Manchester Camerata
- “There remains a perception that people in the North wear cloth caps and go off to the mill.” Campaigner and former chief prosecutor Nazir Afzal
- Books: The Northern Question – A History of a Divided Country by Tom Hazeldine
- Review: Pigs in the Wood, Scissett, Huddersfield
- Online Event: North vs South – is mainstream media biased against the North? #ThisIsTheNorth Convention 2020
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Is your organisation interested in supporting quality journalism about culture, life and enterprise in the North of England? For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Nugent at email@example.com @nugehelen pic.twitter.com/pBbGfEK3as