Articles relating to: USA
The sight of the Stars and Stripes gently fluttering in the blue sky has always enchanted me.Read the full story..
When my partner Bill encounters a bad driver I plead with him not to hoot. “Remember we’re in America,” I say. “They might have a gun.”Read the full story..
The restaurant was buzzing with a smart after-work crowd. The professional looking women on the next table settled their bills. Then they held hands, bowed their heads, and said a prayer before heading home.Read the full story..
I’m just back from the eyeball-hurting, freezing cold of New York where my senses were assaulted by screeching subway trains, honking cars, the pitiful sight of panhandlers on corners, and the smells of garbage and cheap pizza.Read the full story..
- In Defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere)
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"I don’t know about you but I want my Christmas with all the cringe-worthy toppings." Northern Soul's @EmmaYatesBadley writes in defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere) @jlandpartners northernsoul.me.uk/christmas-… pic.twitter.com/zthx4BbuNA
Thought for the Day: pic.twitter.com/0B2X18CwM7
Noooo....BBC scrapping Newsround afternoon show after almost 50 years prolificnorth.co.uk/news/broa…