Author: Stephen Longstaffe
The German traveller Paul Henzner, visiting London just before Shakespeare’s Globe opened, counted ‘above thirty’ heads of traitors on spikes on gate at the south end of London Bridge.Read the full story..
It’s now a cliché that each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.Read the full story..
Her mother, the pioneer radical and feminist Mary Wollstonecraft, died after giving birth to her and young Mary Godwin grew up having to pass the room she died in every day.Read the full story..
Simon Schama is the kind of historian I want to be when I grow up.Read the full story..
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"The local authority wants to cover it up and fill it in with concrete." Northern Soul's Helen Carter asks, could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem and the last surviving seaside lido in the North of England – the Grange-over-Sands lido? northernsoul.me.uk/could-a-cr… pic.twitter.com/euLgiLX8ZA