Picture Gallery: This is Manchester – a Michael Ashcroft exhibition at Contemporary Six
A collection of highly-regarded paintings of Manchester’s cityscape by artist Michael Ashcroft, entitled This is Manchester, are coming to Manchester’s Contemporary Six in November.
This is Ashcroft’s first solo exhibition at Contemporary Six, so a rare opportunity to see more than 30 of his works in one place. Works from three of his Manchester series of paintings – After the Rain, Painting My Favourite Pubs and Manchester From Afar – will be on show together for the first time. Ashcroft is described as a “master of landscape and cityscape in oils” and depicts familiar Northern scenes, such as wet roads at dusk, raddled pub facades and landmarks in the afternoon sun.
Main image: Manchester G-Mex, Contemporary Six Gallery, Michael Ashcroft
This is Manchester is showing from November 1 to 14, 2018. A preview show will take place on November 1. For more information, visit the Contemporary Six Gallery website.
Paintings start at £800, all works on show are available for sale and there will also be a range of framed ink concept drawings for £250, which depict the initial stages of the process. Paintings will be available to purchase prior to the show, when they go live on the website. This is Manchester is sponsored by Hall Brown Family Law.
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!