Articles relating to: Mike Leigh
Over the course of 14 feature films Mike Leigh has covered a wide range of subjects, from the disastrous opening of a French restaurant and the fall of a post-war abortionist to an adopted daughter tracking down her birth mother and Gilbert & Sullivan getting their second wind.Read the full story..
Last night I stepped back into my childhood when I walked into The Lowry’s Lyric Theatre with my mum to watch Abigail’s Party, which has been revived 36 years after Mike Leigh’s play was first performed.Read the full story..
- “It has been life-changing.” NorthBound Book Award 2020 winner John D. Rutter talks to Northern Soul
- Image Gallery: Vintage fashion inspires exhibitions at Grosvenor Museum and Lion Salt Works Museum
- “I just wish I could have gone for a drink with her.” Anna Cale, author of The Real Diana Dors
- Looking for Emily Williamson, RSPB founder
- “We have been dreaming about this for decades.” UK’s first purpose-built LGBT+ retirement community in Manchester moves forward
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"She should have been a big star, but through life choices and poor decisions or just bad luck, she didn’t quite get there." Andy Murray talks to Anna Cale, author of a new biography about Diana Dors. northernsoul.me.uk/anna-cale-… @MrGeetsRomo @real_meaning #DianaDors pic.twitter.com/lTJ0CbIoxf
"This is extremely silly. And yet, somehow, quite poignant." Northern Soul's Theatre Editor, Chris Wallis, reviews The Hound of the Baskervilles at Bolton Octagon. northernsoul.me.uk/theatre-re… ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ pic.twitter.com/IM5K6AQ02X