Win tickets to The BBC Good Food Show Spring, Harrogate
Win tickets to The BBC Good Food Show Spring in Harrogate this April
The BBC Good Food Show Spring, sponsored by Lexus, returns to the Harrogate International Centre from April 8-10, 2016 for the third year running. The show is packed with fantastic shopping and tempting tastes from dozens of regional and artisan producers, as well as entertainment from the nation’s favourite chefs. It’s the tastiest way to kick-start Spring.
The BBC Good Food Show Spring is home to one of the most stunning Supertheatre settings of any BBC Good Food Show. For the first time at the Show, Michelin starred chefs Michel Roux Jr. and Tom Kerridge will be demonstrating delicious dishes live in Harrogate, alongside The Hairy Bikers and Paul Hollywood. Visitors can have their culinary queries answered by the chefs, with a friendly grilling on the Interview Stage sponsored by Lakeland, as they share the secrets of their success. In addition, the Book Shop run by WHSmith features a large collection of the latest and most popular cook books at great prices. Visitors can pop along and make a purchase, and have their book signed by the chefs themselves.
Visitors have the opportunity to meet the people behind the produce with more than 100 speciality and artisan producers, alongside well-known brands and must-have kitchen gadgets. Visitors can discover new favourites as they try before they buy, and make the most of at-show special offers. Dedicated shopping areas at the show include:
– The Producers’ Village – a huge speciality food market at the heart of the show, packed with small artisan producers who pride themselves on the quality and provenance of their produce.
– Bakes & Cakes Village – the place to buy everything visitors need to bake like the experts from baking specialists and cake-crafters.
– BBC Good Food Champions – passionate, outstanding artisan producers deserve to be celebrated and visitors can find some of the very best in this area. Visitors can discover a fabulous selection of artisan producers and have the opportunity to sample, buy and explore the history behind each producer.
– Deliciouslyorkshire Market – hosts a collection of Deliciouslyorkshire members from all over the county, bursting with outstanding local produce. Some of the exhibitors this year include Masons Yorkshire Gin, selling small batch craft gin produced in Bedale, North Yorkshire, and Mercer’s of Yorkshire, selling conserves, curds, chutneys and mayonnaises in a wide range of flavours.
– Producers’ Bursary Awards – The BBC Good Food Shows team has been searching the UK and Ireland to find the most outstanding artisan food and drink producers. Visitors to the show will be able to meet, taste and buy from this year’s impressive winners, including handmade caramel using unusual, natural flavours from Sweeteatie Artisan Caramels and gourmet popcorn from Amos & Toms Popcorn.
Northern Soul has teamed up with The BBC Good Food Show Spring to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show. To be in with a chance of winning simply sign up to the Northern Soul newsletter (details of how to do this are on the right hand side of the page), and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Good Food Show’. T&Cs below.
Closing date is April 1, 2016
Winners will be picked at random and notified by April 3, 2016
What: The BBC Good Food Show Spring
When: April 8-10, 2016
Where: Harrogate International Centre
More info: www.bbcgoodfoodshowspring.com
- All tickets are general admission excluding Saturday.
- Tickets are non refundable and non-exchangeable. Ticket terms and conditions apply.
- Tickets do not include a seat in the Supertheatre.
- Yemen: Inside a Crisis, Imperial War Museum North
- Review: Jessica Andrews and Helen Mort, Manchester Literature Festival, International Anthony Burgess Foundation
- Film Review: The Day Shall Come
- Review: Neil Tennant in conversation with Andrew McMillan, Manchester Literature Festival, RNCM
- Headlines and Hedgerows: TV legend John Craven talks to Northern Soul
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Conor focuses his work primarily on landscapes and domestic scenes in the North of England, which are painted directly onto found or constructed materials from the everyday #art #NorthofEngland #Sheffield
Congratulations to Sheffield-based Conor Rogers, 27 was named as the winner of the Robert Walters Group UK Young Artist of the Year Award, at an awards ceremony held at the prestigious @saatchi_gallery (1/2)
What’s your favourite thing about Autumn? #NSPoll Halloween – pumpkins, sweets & fancy dress 🎃 Bonfire Night – fireworks, toffee apples & parkin 🎇 Finally being able to wear woolly knits again 🐏 It’s far too cold. Bring back the warmer weather 🌞 The Christmas countdown 🎅