BBQ recipes for summer evenings from Wing Yip: Skewered Sweet and Sour BBQ Prawns
As the weather begins to seriously warm up, there’s no better time to fire up the barbecue and enjoy dinner al fresco. Wing Yip, the UK’s largest Oriental Grocer, has created a selection of flavoursome recipes to spice up your summer barbecues.
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Wing Yip’s Skewered Sweet and Sour BBQ Prawns. This is a great option for those home cooks looking to impress this summer. Simply skewer the whole prawn from head to tail, then coat it in sauce and throw it on the barbecue. Serve with fresh lime to help clean sticky fingers.
Skewered Sweet and Sour BBQ Prawns
Large whole tiger prawns
185ml jar Wing Yip Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for approximately 20 minutes before use
- Place prawns in a large bowl and coat with Wing Yip Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Thread the skewer through the length of the prawn from tail to head
- Cook quickly over hot coals, basting with more Wing Yip Sweet & Sour Sauce during the cooking process
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.
- “It has been life-changing.” NorthBound Book Award 2020 winner John D. Rutter talks to Northern Soul
- The Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction 2022
- Looking for Emily Williamson, RSPB founder
- “We have been dreaming about this for decades.” UK’s first purpose-built LGBT+ Extra Care housing facility in Manchester moves forward
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
This is Northern Soul's brother-in-law's business. He's a professional chef and a fabulous cook. 🧑🍳 twitter.com/GrazeRamsbotto…
Right Good Mid-Week Read: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez pic.twitter.com/mieJxXXqaa
This week on the #NSPoll, we're asking you lovely lot: what's the best thing to throw on a barbecue? Are you a beef burger fan? Or do you prefer something plant-based? Let us know in the comments below and cast your vote over at northernsoul.me.uk #barbecue #BBQ pic.twitter.com/olS4WI2IpT
"It has been life-changing." Northern Soul talks to John D. Rutter, who won the 2020 NorthBound Book Award with his first novel, Approval. northernsoul.me.uk/it-has-bee… @SarabandBooks @NewWritingNorth @ace_national @JDPRutter pic.twitter.com/werwpY1t6f