Competition: Win tickets to Guys and Dolls, Manchester
Manchester Gets it First will see the highly acclaimed Chichester Festival Theatre sell-out production of Guys and Dolls arrive at the Palace Theatre for two weeks only (November 10-21, 2015) prior to a West End transfer to London’s Savoy Theatre in December for a strictly limited 13-week run.
The sizzling New York tale of gamblers, gangsters and nightclub singers will leave you walking on air with a glorious evening featuring some of Broadway’s greatest show-stopping tunes, including Luck be a Lady, Sit Down You’re Rockin’ the Boat and My Time of Day. Don’t leave it to lady luck, book now!
Sophie Thompson and Jamie Parker will reprise their roles as Miss Adelaide and Sky Masterson and will be joined on stage by David Haig as Nathan Detroit and Siubhan Harrison as Sarah Brown. This is the first time that Sophie Thompson and David Haig have performed together since their unforgettable comic pairing as bride and groom, Lydia and Bernard, in the British smash hit film, Four Weddings and a Funeral.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see Guys and Dolls on November 12, 2015 at Manchester’s Palace Theatre (T&Cs apply*), simply sign up to the Northern Soul newsletter (details of how to do this are on the right hand side of the page) and send an email to email@example.com with the title ‘Guys and Dolls’.
Closing date: November 8, 2015
Winners will be picked at random and notified by: November 9, 2015
Get your tickets for Guys and Dolls at www.atgtickets.com/manchester or call 0844 8713018 (booking fees apply)
*Terms and conditions
1. Tickets can be collected at the box office at the theatre on the night from 6.30pm, winners must give their name, and the media won from.
2. Extra tickets are not permitted, but can be purchased at the box office.
3. Seating – which can be in all areas of the auditorium – cannot be changed on the night
4. The marketing office doesn’t have access to seating for mobility impaired winners, but given at least 48 hours notice and subject to availability we will endeavour to reseat winners.
5. The marketing office at the theatre does not contact winners with collection details.
6. The theatre cannot be held responsible for them arriving on the wrong date, time or venue. Replacement tickets will not be offered and correspondence will not be entered into.
7. Winners’ names must be sent to the marketing office at least 48 hours before the performance. After this time the tickets will be released
8. No cash alternative
- “You’re told that London is the centre of opportunity and it just isn’t.” Theatre Director Jake Murray talks to Northern Soul
- “Sustainability isn’t about going without.” Corin Bell, director of Open Kitchen MCR, talks to Northern Soul
- Photo Gallery: Flag of Convenience, David Dunnico, Stockport War Memorial Art Gallery
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Fan of all things flora and fauna? Take a look at this new release from @ACCArtBooks called RHS Botanical Illustration, The Gold Medal Winners by Charlotte Brooks. The book features art by 60 gold medal winners from the Lindley Collections at @The_RHS northernsoul.me.uk/photo-gall… pic.twitter.com/GlpucAV72i