The Northern Soul 2015 Quiz
How’s your Northern knowledge? Let’s see how much you can recall about 2015 – and test your Northern know-how at the same time. No prizes, just a lovely feeling of smugness when you get them all right (answers are at the bottom…)
- Which ‘monster’ Hollywood film released in 2015 was filmed in and around Manchester Town Hall?
- Which Northern football team narrowly avoided regulation from the Premiership back in May?
- In what month did HOME, the new arts centre in Manchester, open?
- What does a ‘Wigan Kebab’ consist of?
- Which Northern town is home to the Clarets?
- Which Northern institution won the Art Fund Prize for 2015 Museum of the Year?
- Who won the New Light Prize with her Sheffield painting Broken Brutalism?
- In which city was Vimto invented in 1908?
- Which city is home to the North’s first ‘cat café’
- Who stars in the second series of Manchester drama Prey?
- Which Yorkshire poet published a book called Walking Away earlier this year?
- Who is the Minister for the Northern Powerhouse?
- Which Northern city won its first Michelin star this year? (a bonus point for the name of the restaurant)
- Which American painter was the subject of a major exhibition at Tate Liverpool during the Summer?
- Which author won the 2015 Bad Sex Award for his debut novel?
- Which Burnley-born Knight led the 2015 Manchester Pride Parade?
- Where is the UK’s premier documentary festival held each year?
- Who died in January after appearing in Coronation Street for more than 40 years?
- Who headlined the Leeds Festival this year? (bonus point for naming all three headliners)
- During the Summer, which politician called Conservative plans for a Northern Powerhouse a “cruel deception”?
- Which football manager stormed out of a press conference earlier this month?
- Which comedian spent the night in his Range Rover after being caught in floods in Cumbria?
- Where did Nadiya Hussain, the 2015 winner of The Great British Bake Off, live during the filming of the show? (her actual home, not the tent…)
- Where is the oldest free public reference library in the country and what is it called?
- Where is the Brontë Parsonage Museum? (bonus point if you know what the Brontë family’s original surname was – the father Patrick changed it)
- Victor Frankenstein
- Newcastle United
- A pie and a bap/muffin/bread roll
- The Whitworth, Manchester
- Mandy Payne
- Philip Glenister
- Simon Armitage
- James Wharton
- Newcastle (House of Tides)
- Jackson Pollock
- Sir Ian McKellen
- Anne Kirkbride
- Metallica (and Mumford & Sons, The Libertines)
- Jeremy Corbyn
- Louis van Gaal
- Steve Coogan
- Chetham’s, Manchester
- Haworth, Yorkshire (Brunty)
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Oldham's Old Town Hall to be transformed into a food hall manchestereveningnews.co.uk/w…
Well, this is the best thing we've read all week. pic.twitter.com/FmYiZN50l4
Right Good Mid-Week Read: Evelina by Fanny Burney pic.twitter.com/WS7P8eJVo9
July 16, then click here: crowdfunder.co.uk/goodness-ze… (3/3)