Photo Gallery: GinnelWatch – time to show us your ginnels!
We love a good ginnel at Northern Soul. But, depending on where you’re from, there are all sorts of words for what essentially amounts to an alleyway, including jennel, snicket, vennel, gennel, jitty, jetty and our new favourite…a weind.
We’ve got some brilliant images from Chorlton and Newcastle to, uh, Jerusalem and Armenia.
So, what are you waiting for? Get those cameras out and #ShowUsYourGinnels.
Main image: Pudding Chare after New Years Eve, Newcastle, by Lee Stoneman
- 125-years-old and still going strong: Blackpool Grand Theatre
- Beautiful, fruitful, peaceful: discovering Ruskin in Sheffield
- Art, heritage and looking to the future: the Weavers Factory opens in Uppermill
- Photo Gallery: You Brought Your Own Light, Allie Crewe
- Review: Mark Thomas – Check Up: The NHS at 70, The Playhouse, Liverpool
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Absolutely blown away by the hospitality from the team at @AshasManchester during tonight's Northern Soul / @canalstmancs Meet Up. Fizz, paneer and cupcakes in a stunning venue 🍾 If you've not already been, get yourself down to Asha's quicksharpish. pic.twitter.com/QGPSyZDufI
Hot Cross Bunnies - these Tesco chocolate bunnies look proper cross. pic.twitter.com/UtQ4AMnd5l