If you’re anything like the team at Northern Soul, you’ve probably commenced the countdown to Christmas.
This year, Wing Yip, the UK’s largest Oriental Grocer, has put together a selection of Christmas recipes that will fill your kitchen with mouth-watering aromas. So, if you’re looking to spice up your festive feast this year, why not mix things up with some new flavours to add a twist to your traditional Christmas dinner?
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Festive Vegetable Potstickers.
Festive Vegetable Potstickers
16 gow gee pastries/wrappers
100g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
50g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
50g carrots, grated
100g red pepper, finely diced
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1tsp fresh ginger, grated
1tsp pumpkin spice powder
1/2tsp cinnamon powder
1tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
2tbsp vegetable oil
You’ll also need
Frying pan with a lid
- Mix together all ingredients, except the gow gee pastries and vegetable oil. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and on a low heat, gently sauté the mixture. After 2-3 minutes once the vegetables have softened, remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Lay four pastries out at a time, ensuring the remaining are covered. Place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into the centre of each wrapper. Brush the edges of each wrapper with a little water and using your thumb and index finger, pleat one edge, then press edges together to seal. Once all pastries are complete, place in a single layer on a prepared tray.
- Preheat oven to 80°C.
- Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 8 dumplings, pleated side-up, in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown underneath.
- Carefully add 100ml boiling water, then cover with a lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking until water has evaporated.
- Gently shake the pan to unstick the potstickers.
- Transfer to an oven tray, cover with foil and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.