Recipes to spice up your Christmas from Wing Yip: Festive Vegetable Potstickers
If you’re anything like the team at Northern Soul, you’ve probably commenced the countdown to Christmas.
This year, Wing Yip, the UK’s largest Oriental Grocer, has put together a selection of Christmas recipes that will fill your kitchen with mouth-watering aromas. So, if you’re looking to spice up your festive feast this year, why not mix things up with some new flavours to add a twist to your traditional Christmas dinner?
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Festive Vegetable Potstickers.
Festive Vegetable Potstickers
16 gow gee pastries/wrappers
100g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
50g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
50g carrots, grated
100g red pepper, finely diced
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1tsp fresh ginger, grated
1tsp pumpkin spice powder
1/2tsp cinnamon powder
1tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
2tbsp vegetable oil
You’ll also need
Frying pan with a lid
- Mix together all ingredients, except the gow gee pastries and vegetable oil. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and on a low heat, gently sauté the mixture. After 2-3 minutes once the vegetables have softened, remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Lay four pastries out at a time, ensuring the remaining are covered. Place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into the centre of each wrapper. Brush the edges of each wrapper with a little water and using your thumb and index finger, pleat one edge, then press edges together to seal. Once all pastries are complete, place in a single layer on a prepared tray.
- Preheat oven to 80°C.
- Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 8 dumplings, pleated side-up, in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown underneath.
- Carefully add 100ml boiling water, then cover with a lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking until water has evaporated.
- Gently shake the pan to unstick the potstickers.
- Transfer to an oven tray, cover with foil and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Was almost too tired to share this. pic.twitter.com/jLxgJ2Z9uO
Calls to the national domestic abuse helpline soared during the pandemic. So Stopcocks Women Plumbers established the national Register of Tradeswomen so vulnerable householders, who feel safer with tradeswomen, could find them. northernsoul.me.uk/mica-may-n… @Stopcocks @TradesWomenUK pic.twitter.com/JUZdzqVg37