If you’re anything like the team at Northern Soul, you’ve probably commenced the countdown to Christmas.
This year, Wing Yip, the UK’s largest oriental grocer, has put together a selection of Christmas recipes to fill your kitchen with mouth-watering aromas. So, if you’re looking to spice up your festive feast this year, why not mix things up with some new flavours to add a twist to your traditional Christmas dinner?
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Bibimbap – Leftover Turkey.
Bibimbap – Leftover Turkey
400g cooked rice or 200g uncooked rice
80g Brussels sprouts – finely shredded
100g courgette – finely shredded
100g carrots – finely shredded
200g leftover turkey meat
2 tbsp Wing Yip Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp garlic – minced
1 tsp Wing Yip Sesame Oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang)
1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Cook the rice and keep warm in a rice cooker.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts, courgette, and carrots individually and keep separate.
- Mix the leftover turkey meat with the soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil and gently fry in 1 tbsp vegetable oil until piping hot.
- Fry the two eggs in the remaining 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, keeping them separate in the pan.
- To assemble, fill each bowl with rice and place the toppings separately on the rice, with 1 tsp of the hot pepper paste on each bowl and then the egg on top. Garnish with a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
Serving suggestions: If you don’t like the idea of mixing the hot pepper paste in at the end, add to the leftover turkey meat and cook out when it’s fried.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.