JuggleMum: Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Don’t these look delicious? These are oven-baked sweet potato fries and they work well with my Slimming World plan. They make a great accompaniment to a main meal.
I’m on the Slimming World plan so need to eat plenty of vegetables which come under the ‘Free Food’ section. As I cook these in the oven using only low-calorie cooking spray (Fry Light in my case), they work on my diet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel several sweet potatoes – I used 4 for my lunch!
- Chop the potatoes into chips. It doesn’t matter if they look ‘uniform’. Sweet potatoes are not a symmetrical shape anyway so knobbly bits are ok.
- Lay the chips onto a baking tray in a single layer.
- Spray over the chips with Fry Light.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the fries are soft.
On Slimming World these are classed as free food – food to eat freely. They are tasty and add a bit of sweetness to your meal.
I often have these – they also go well with the BBQ Pulled Pork recipe I shared recently. I hope you like them.
Words and images by Nadine Hill
- “Wrestling is a place where women can come and reclaim their bodies.” EVE Riot Grrrls of Wrestling talk to Northern Soul
- Missing Peaky Blinders? Don’t worry, you can relive it at locations across the north
- Once upon a time: how anti-migrant politics threaten the British writing industry
- “An opener to new worlds.” PechaKucha talks to Northern Soul
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"a pastiche of a Georgian farce full of verbal gusto, wit and powdered wigs" Review: The Intelligence Park, Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester northernsoul.me.uk/review-the… pic.twitter.com/C2JgcboDze
"an excellent piece of theatre about important things, personal and political, that informs the way we live today" Theatre Review: There are No Beginnings, Leeds Playhouse northernsoul.me.uk/theatre-re… ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ @LeedsPlayhouse @juliehes @NatalieGavin pic.twitter.com/q4aQjO4oQl