JuggleMum: Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Don’t these look delicious? These are oven-baked sweet potato fries and they work well with my Slimming World plan. They make a great accompaniment to a main meal.
I’m on the Slimming World plan so need to eat plenty of vegetables which come under the ‘Free Food’ section. As I cook these in the oven using only low-calorie cooking spray (Fry Light in my case), they work on my diet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel several sweet potatoes – I used 4 for my lunch!
- Chop the potatoes into chips. It doesn’t matter if they look ‘uniform’. Sweet potatoes are not a symmetrical shape anyway so knobbly bits are ok.
- Lay the chips onto a baking tray in a single layer.
- Spray over the chips with Fry Light.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the fries are soft.
On Slimming World these are classed as free food – food to eat freely. They are tasty and add a bit of sweetness to your meal.
I often have these – they also go well with the BBQ Pulled Pork recipe I shared recently. I hope you like them.
Words and images by Nadine Hill
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Thought for the Day: "I've always got my energy from being alone in order to go out in the world and be social." - Tuppence Middleton
Competition time 🥳 Win a family ticket for four to The British Music Experience, situated on Liverpool’s Pier Head (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). Click the link for more details ⬇️ northernsoul.me.uk/win-a-a-fa…