JuggleMum: Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Don’t these look delicious? These are oven-baked sweet potato fries and they work well with my Slimming World plan. They make a great accompaniment to a main meal.
I’m on the Slimming World plan so need to eat plenty of vegetables which come under the ‘Free Food’ section. As I cook these in the oven using only low-calorie cooking spray (Fry Light in my case), they work on my diet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel several sweet potatoes – I used 4 for my lunch!
- Chop the potatoes into chips. It doesn’t matter if they look ‘uniform’. Sweet potatoes are not a symmetrical shape anyway so knobbly bits are ok.
- Lay the chips onto a baking tray in a single layer.
- Spray over the chips with Fry Light.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the fries are soft.
On Slimming World these are classed as free food – food to eat freely. They are tasty and add a bit of sweetness to your meal.
I often have these – they also go well with the BBQ Pulled Pork recipe I shared recently. I hope you like them.
Words and images by Nadine Hill
- “Come for the machetes, stay for the political insights.” Author David Nolan talks to Northern Soul about his new book
- Photo Gallery: The Fenwick Christmas Window, Newcastle
- Good News in Focus: Manchester Camerata
- “There remains a perception that people in the North wear cloth caps and go off to the mill.” Campaigner and former chief prosecutor Nazir Afzal
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Covid Tiers explained: Tier 1 - Pints Tier 2 - Pints with chips Tier 3 - No Pints
From the archives: The current COVID-19 pandemic may see us turning to the big names to secure our reading fix but there are smaller businesses in our region which desperately need our support. This #BlackFriday, why not buy from Northern Indies instead? northernsoul.me.uk/how-are-in… pic.twitter.com/UFbXkmdxmB
“Come for the machetes, stay for the political insights.” Author David Nolan talks to Northern Soul's Andy Murray about his new book, The Mermaid's Pool. northernsoul.me.uk/david-nola…
@CathyCrabb Hey there - did you get my email?