Go coco-nuts and celebrate International Coffee Week with Wing Yip
In a new series, Wing Yip, the Oriental grocery store, shares its expertise with yummy, easy-to-make recipes. This week it celebrates International Coffee Week – but, if you’re anything like us, there is always a good time to celebrate caffeine.
Vietnamese Vegan Coffee
This year the world came together to celebrate its favourite brew – coffee. International Coffee Week fell on October 1 and Wing Yip – the UK’s leading Oriental grocer, has released a recipe for Vietnamese iced coffee. Indulge with this traditional sweet coffee recipe and you’ll never look back again.
What’s more, this recipe puts a vegan twist on the classic cold brew, by using Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk.
Freshly brewed coffee
1-2tbsp Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
1. Serve the freshly brewed coffee into the serving glass.
2. Drizzle in 1-2tbsp of the sweetened condensed coconut milk depending on how sweet you’d like your drink. Let the coconut milk settle for 1-2 minutes before drinking.
Note: for iced coffee repeat the same steps above over a glass filled with ice.
- Review: Inviolable – Joy as a form of resistance by Linnet Panashe Rubaya, Saul Hay Gallery, Manchester
- Review: Use Hearing Protection – The Early Years of Factory Records, Science & Industry Museum, Manchester
- Keeping the Brontë spirit alive during Covid: Rebecca Yorke from the Brontë Parsonage Museum talks to Northern Soul
- “Being on stage is my happy place.” Julie Hesmondhalgh talks to Northern Soul
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"It would be impossible to hang these on your wall and not celebrate Black life." Review: Inviolable – Joy as a form of resistance by Linnet Panashe Rubaya, Saul Hay Gallery, Manchester northernsoul.me.uk/review-inv… @SaulHayFineArt @cigherette #art @autolycus19 pic.twitter.com/AIbwAXfL4O
Review: Leeds Lieder Festival 2021, Leeds Town Hall Northern Soul's Colin Petch enjoys a splendid weekend thanks to the Leeds Lieder Festival. northernsoul.me.uk/review-lee… @LeedsLieder @LeedsTownHall @cpetchwriting pic.twitter.com/VxWM0ltosV
"the true spirit of Factory is conjured up here" Northern Soul's Music Editor, Andy Murray, reviews Use Hearing Protection: The Early Years of Factory Records at Manchester's Science & Industry Museum. northernsoul.me.uk/review-use… #music #Manchester pic.twitter.com/zyTesXt54m
@jennashworth She has resting sad face, which is a nightmare as she is on a special diet for her small kidneys, can't have human food and regularly begs for it. She looks like she was made by Pixar and it's so hard to resist her little face. Everyone in our household loves this book. ~ Emma