Go coco-nuts and celebrate International Coffee Week with Wing Yip
In a new series, Wing Yip, the Oriental grocery store, shares its expertise with yummy, easy-to-make recipes. This week it celebrates International Coffee Week – but, if you’re anything like us, there is always a good time to celebrate caffeine.
Vietnamese Vegan Coffee
This year the world came together to celebrate its favourite brew – coffee. International Coffee Week fell on October 1 and Wing Yip – the UK’s leading Oriental grocer, has released a recipe for Vietnamese iced coffee. Indulge with this traditional sweet coffee recipe and you’ll never look back again.
What’s more, this recipe puts a vegan twist on the classic cold brew, by using Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk.
Freshly brewed coffee
1-2tbsp Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
1. Serve the freshly brewed coffee into the serving glass.
2. Drizzle in 1-2tbsp of the sweetened condensed coconut milk depending on how sweet you’d like your drink. Let the coconut milk settle for 1-2 minutes before drinking.
Note: for iced coffee repeat the same steps above over a glass filled with ice.
- “Come for the machetes, stay for the political insights.” Author David Nolan talks to Northern Soul about his new book
- Photo Gallery: The Fenwick Christmas Window, Newcastle
- Good News in Focus: Manchester Camerata
- “There remains a perception that people in the North wear cloth caps and go off to the mill.” Campaigner and former chief prosecutor Nazir Afzal
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Covid Tiers explained: Tier 1 - Pints Tier 2 - Pints with chips Tier 3 - No Pints
From the archives: The current COVID-19 pandemic may see us turning to the big names to secure our reading fix but there are smaller businesses in our region which desperately need our support. This #BlackFriday, why not buy from Northern Indies instead? northernsoul.me.uk/how-are-in… pic.twitter.com/UFbXkmdxmB
“Come for the machetes, stay for the political insights.” Author David Nolan talks to Northern Soul's Andy Murray about his new book, The Mermaid's Pool. northernsoul.me.uk/david-nola…
@CathyCrabb Hey there - did you get my email?