Photo Gallery: GinnelWatch – time to show us your ginnels!
We love a good ginnel at Northern Soul. But, depending on where you’re from, there are all sorts of words for what essentially amounts to an alleyway, including jennel, snicket, vennel, gennel, jitty, jetty and our new favourite…a weind.
This week, we’ve got some fab images from super sunny Bilbao to a brilliant shot of a Dorchester ginnel. There’s also snaps from Chester, Dalton, Maynooth and even that there London.
Oh, and did you know the Northern Soul Awards are coming up in November? We’re going to be deciding which of your images will be crowned Ginnel of the Year as part of this year’s celebration.
So, what are you waiting for? Get those cameras out and #ShowUsYourGinnels.
(Main image: Bilbao ginnel by Phil Pearson)
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"The local authority wants to cover it up and fill it in with concrete." Northern Soul's Helen Carter asks, could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem and the last surviving seaside lido in the North of England – the Grange-over-Sands lido? northernsoul.me.uk/could-a-cr… pic.twitter.com/euLgiLX8ZA