Win a festival pass for York Christmas at Home, a new online weekend festival at York’s National Centre for Early Music (NCEM).
This Christmas, York’s NCEM is offering audiences the chance to celebrate the festive season either in the atmospheric medieval surroundings of St Margaret’s Church, or from the comfort of home with a host of concerts available to enjoy online. The NCEM is keeping the York Early Music Christmas Festival alive with an outstanding programme of festive concerts and this year an additional celebration York Christmas at Home, a new online weekend festival has been added to the mix.
About York Christmas at Home
Following the success of the York Early Music Festival last July, the NCEM presents York Christmas at Home from December 11-13, a weekend festival of concerts, which will be available on demand until January 6, 2021. The programme features many artists who have worked tirelessly to deliver this joyful selection of music, guaranteed to lift the spirits. The concerts include works by Bach, Mozart, Handel, Vivaldi, Purcell, Monteverdi, Dowland and many others, with harpsichords, recorders, lutes, trumpets, oboes, theorbos and glorious voices, plus verse by John Donne, George Herbert and others.
A festival pass is just £50 and includes all nine concerts. Ticketholders will be able to enjoy the concerts throughout the Christmas period until January 6, 2021. Individual concerts are £10.
- The Marian Consort in a programme of vocal music from Renaissance Italy
- The Chiaroscuro Quartet performing Mozart’s late Prussian Quartets
- Palisander with their Mischief and Merriment programme
- Illyria Consort – seasonal music for the Nativity from across Europe
- Singers Bethany Seymour, Helen Charlston & Frederick Long exploring the theatrical genius of Purcell and John
- Blow with harpsichordist Peter Seymour
- Theorboist Matthew Wadsworth & cellist Kate Bennet Wadsworth share an extravaganza of Venetian music
- Spiritato! presents The Leipzig Legacy with music by Bach and Fasch
- Steven Devine continues to share Bach’s Preludes & Fugues: Book 3
- Stile Antico complete the weekend with a return to the Renaissance for their very own Nine Lessons and Carols
For your chance to win a festival pass for York Christmas at Home, sign up to the Northern Soul newsletter (details of how to do this are on the right-hand side of the page) and send an email to email@example.com with the title ‘York Christmas at Home’ and remember to include your name and address in the body of the email.
Closing date: December 10, 2020.
A winner will be picked at random and notified by December 10, 2020.
Main image: The Marian Consort.
Full programme details available at: ncem.co.uk.