Author: Wendy Pratt
I’ve never been a fan of farce. In my head, farce equates to pouty-lipped Ooooooooh Vicar quips, buxom women ‘accidentally’ losing their clothes and a great deal of cringe-worthy sexual innuendo.Read the full story..
When you’re born and bred Yorkshire, there’s something very satisfying about watching a play where the characters have strong Yorkshire accents.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Poetry Correspondent, Wendy Pratt, talks to singer/songwriter Kathryn Williams about Hypoxia, an album written to mark the 50th anniversary of Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar. Williams will be performing at the Manchester Literature Festival this weekend.Read the full story..
I get about a bit as a poet, travelling across the country to tiny venues in the back rooms of pubs where an audience of three or four are there for the open mic night and have never heard of me, let alone read my poetry.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Wendy Pratt writes candidly about her devastating experience with NHS failings, how she came through it, and why she still loves and admires the health service.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!