WIN A CULTURAL DAY – AND NIGHT – OUT IN MANCHESTER
The award-winning Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair once again opens its doors October 8-11 at Old Granada Studios in Manchester. Once inside, visitors will find more than 175 of the UK’s most talented designers showcasing work from a variety of disciplines including interior and fashion textiles, glass, jewellery, ceramics, metalwork, furniture, print-making and more.
This year there will be many new experiences for visitors as pop-up studios, craft workshops, an Artist-in-Residence and an Installation Artist making exclusive work will be added to this vibrant and dynamic annual celebration of cutting-edge craft and design, which is supported by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
Northern Soul has teamed up with the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair to offer a cultural day – and night – out for one lucky winner with a pair of tickets to this unique shopping event on Saturday October 10, plus two tickets to the performance of Golem that evening at HOME, Manchester’s newest arts and events space.
Arriving in Manchester with a host of five star reviews from critics from Berlin to London to Sydney, theatre company 1927’s latest production Golem explores one of the great questions of the modern world – who or what is in control of our technologies?
The winner will also take home a ‘Freyja’ print cushion designed and made by talented duo Angharad and Lizzie of Pioden Prints. Angharad designs travel-inspired prints that are filled with bold colours and intricate pattern and dressmaker and embroiderer Lizzie stitches all of Pioden’s products from her home studio in Manchester.
The GNCCF champions contemporary craft and makers at all levels from the emerging design talent in the curated Great Northern Graduates showcase to the highly collectible and critically-acclaimed artists in the Ornament exhibition.
To be in with a chance of winning all of these lovely goodies, simply sign up to the Northern Soul newsletter (details of how to do this are on the right hand side of the page) and send an email to email@example.com with the title ‘Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair’.
Closing date: Sunday October 4, 2015
A winner will be picked at random and notified by Monday October 5, 2015
GREAT NORTHERN CONTEMPORARY CRAFT FAIR
OLD GRANADA STUDIOS
8-11 OCTOBER, 2015
Sign up to the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair Newsletter here: www.greatnorthernevents.co.uk/newsletter.aspx#.VgQyDflViko
www.greatnorthernevents.co.uk / @GNCCF / www.facebook.com/GNCCF.
Advance tickets for the GNCCF are available via this link:
Standard terms and conditions apply. The prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The prize will include all elements as stated but no other food, drink, personal expenditure or any other incidental costs will be given. Neither travel to Manchester nor travel insurance are included.
Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is not open to employees of Northern Soul, the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, Pioden Prints or any agency connected with this competition or family of staff working for any of these organisations.
2. Only one entry per person. All entrants must be aged over 18.
3. No cash alternative is available. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-changeable and subject to availability. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The competition will close at 6pm on Sunday October 4, 2015. The judges cannot accept responsibility for late entries.
5. All elements of the prize have to be redeemed by 11 October, 2014.
6. The winner will receive two tickets to Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair on Saturday 10 October, two tickets to Golem at HOME on Saturday 10 October at 19.30, and one Freyja print cushion by Pioden Prints.
7. Transport and travel insurance are not included in the prize.
8. The competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
9. These terms and conditions do not confer any rights to any third parties under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.