Photo Gallery: Inside Sage Gateshead
It’s more than a decade since Sage Gateshead opened. An international centre for music, education and conferences housed within a striking stainless steel structure designed by Norman Foster, the Sage dominates the skyline on the NewcastleGateshead Quayside.
Northern Soul‘s North East photographer, Phil Pounder, was allowed exclusive access into the building – and here are the fantastic results. We think you’ll agree that it’s a beautiful building.
To read Northern Soul’s interview with the former long-term director of the Sage, click here.
By Phil Pounder
- In Defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere)
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Thought for the Day: pic.twitter.com/0B2X18CwM7
Noooo....BBC scrapping Newsround afternoon show after almost 50 years prolificnorth.co.uk/news/broa…
@alexicographer Up and running if you'd like to try again :)