If you’re anything like the team at Northern Soul, you’ve probably commenced the countdown to Christmas.
This year, Wing Yip, the UK’s largest Oriental Grocer, has put together a selection of Christmas recipes that will fill your kitchen with mouth-watering aromas to spice up your celebrations. So, if you’re looking to spice up your festive feast this year, why not mix things up with some new flavours to add a twist to your traditional Christmas dinner?
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Golden Gingersnap Biscuits.
Golden Gingersnap Biscuits.
Makes 24 biscuits
225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
½ tsp salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
100g soft light brown sugar
100g cold butter, cut into cubes
80g golden syrup
Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and then rub in the cold butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the golden syrup and mix together until a dough is formed. If necessary, add 1tsp water to help bring the mixture together.
- Divide the mixture into 24 equal pieces and using your hands, lightly roll each piece into a ball. Place six balls of dough onto each tray and leave plenty of space for them to spread and then lightly squash them down. Keep the remaining dough in the fridge.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cracked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough until all 24 biscuits have been baked.
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar.
Note: sprinkle with edible glitter just after they’ve come out of the oven to add a touch of sparkle to your biscuits.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.