Recipes to spice up your Christmas from Wing Yip: Golden Gingersnap Biscuits
If you’re anything like the team at Northern Soul, you’ve probably commenced the countdown to Christmas.
This year, Wing Yip, the UK’s largest Oriental Grocer, has put together a selection of Christmas recipes that will fill your kitchen with mouth-watering aromas to spice up your celebrations. So, if you’re looking to spice up your festive feast this year, why not mix things up with some new flavours to add a twist to your traditional Christmas dinner?
This week, we’ve got a delicious recipe for Golden Gingersnap Biscuits.
Golden Gingersnap Biscuits.
Makes 24 biscuits
225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
½ tsp salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
100g soft light brown sugar
100g cold butter, cut into cubes
80g golden syrup
Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and then rub in the cold butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the golden syrup and mix together until a dough is formed. If necessary, add 1tsp water to help bring the mixture together.
- Divide the mixture into 24 equal pieces and using your hands, lightly roll each piece into a ball. Place six balls of dough onto each tray and leave plenty of space for them to spread and then lightly squash them down. Keep the remaining dough in the fridge.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cracked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough until all 24 biscuits have been baked.
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar.
Note: sprinkle with edible glitter just after they’ve come out of the oven to add a touch of sparkle to your biscuits.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon, and an online shop at wingyip.com.
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Manchester Town Hall is closed for refurbishment. Before the doors closed, we joined a tour up to the clock tower and took this photo from behind the clock face. A magical moment. pic.twitter.com/9MDiyfL8Um
@tonyhusband1 It's a belter. Our favourite is still the conservatory on the castle though...
"We just stopped. Everything stopped." @noiseheatpower talks to director Nick Bagnall about the play Blackbird and a return to acting. northernsoul.me.uk/blackbird-… @roots_theatre @bexculshaw @NickBagnall @RoyalCourtLiv pic.twitter.com/5BhAIUzyP3
Is this the best newspaper offer ever? pic.twitter.com/EGLTgEgdah